The blood supply in our community has reached emergency levels, meaning there is less than a two day supply to restock our local hospitals.
Cullman Regional is hosting an Emergency Blood Drive Thursday, July 16th from 9 am until 5 pm. Donations will be accepted on the LifeSouth Community Bloodmobile, located outside the main entrance of the hospital (1912 AL Highway 157, Cullman, AL 35058).
Donors must be in good health, age 16 or older (16 year-old requires written parental consent), weigh at least 110 pounds and show a valid photo I.D. All donors will receive a LifeSouth t-shirt and coupons for free food.
LifeSouth is practicing social distancing to keep donors safe and all eligible donors will be screened for COVID-19 antibodies.
LifeSouth has implemented the following procedural adjustments to protect donors and staff at blood drives:
- Donors are asked to use hand sanitizer immediately upon arrival.
- Temperatures are taken immediately, too. LifeSouth will not register anyone prior to knowing their temperature. In the rare event someone has an elevated temperature, they are invited to try again when they’re fever-free and feeling well.
- Once the donor is pre-screened, they can proceed to register.
- All donation beds are spaced in such a way as to provide adequate distancing. (If on the bloodmobile, only three donors at a time can be on the 5-bed bus to assure satisfactory distancing)
- LifeSouth staff are all wearing masks and encourage donors to wear masks too.
- All contact surfaces are completely disinfected immediately after each donor’s departure.
- To provide timely service to donors, LifeSouth encourages the use of their signup sheet that considers the limited number of beds during the drive hours.
- All donors are being tested for COVID-19 antibodies.
For more information about blood donation, visit LifeSouth.org or call the local LifeSouth office at (256) 736-1594.