Cullman Regional Medical Center announced today that they are implementing ADDITIONAL visitation restrictions for hospital patients, effective immediately.
To further protect the health of our patients, workforce and the community, and prevent the potential spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), Cullman Regional is modifying its visitor policy across all Cullman Regional facilities including the hospital, urgent care centers, medical group office and the Surgery Center of Cullman, effective at 6 am Tuesday, March 17 until further notice.
Additional Visitation Restrictions include:
- All visitors must sign in at the Main Lobby Desk inside of the Main Hospital Entrance.
- All access into the hospital from Professional Office Buildings 1 & 2 will be badge access ONLY beginning at 6 am on 3/17/2020.
- No visits for patients with suspected or positive COVID-19 diagnosis.
- Visitation Hours will remain as 6 am until 8 pm.
Previous visitation restrictions remain:
- No visitors under the age of 16, even when an adult is with them. With exceptions for extraordinary circumstances which will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- No more than two visitors at a time per room.
- Visitors will be required to sanitize hands when entering the hospital and when entering and exiting any patient rooms.
- Anyone who has a fever, cough, body aches or sore throat should stay away from the facility unless they are seeking treatment.
We understand that many are concerned about the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), and what it means if you were to get it. Most people who get the virus do not require hospitalization and can recover at home with symptomatic treatment. Symptoms include cough, fever and shortness of breath. If you feel sick but can manage at home, stay home to help prevent the spreading of germs to others.
If your symptoms become unmanageable, call ahead. You can contact your primary care provider, Cullman Regional Urgent Care or Emergency Department. If you are concerned and have questions about COVID-19 and what you should do, you can call Cullman Regional’s COVID-19 information Line at (256) 735-5530.