Lunch & Learn Health Education Programs
Cullman Regional features monthly Lunch & Learn Health Education Programs on campus on various topics from benefits of colon cancer screenings and foot health to nutrition myth busters and “talk to a cardiologist” programs. Programs are held in Cullman Regional’s Col. Cullman Room in Professional Office Building 2. For a list of upcoming programs click here.
Online Childbirth Education
Can’t come to class? We can come to you!
An ideal option for expectant parents with busy work schedules, time constraints or medical conditions. The eight-chapter program is an interactive, web-based class using videos, personal birth stories, animations, activities and interactive games to teach essential information and prepare parents for childbirth. The class will help you:
- Understand pregnancy: what’s happening to your body, discomforts, warning signs, nutrition, exercise and more
- Learn about labor: preparing for birth, pre-labor signs, onset of labor, 3D animation of labor process and more
- See how stages of labor unfold: amazing real-life birth story videos
- Discover helpful comfort techniques: breathing, relaxation, massage, visualization, focal points, hydrotherapy, labor and pushing positions, advice for partners and more
Discounts are available for Cullman Regional Healthy Life members and patients with Medicaid. Call 256-737-2600 to inquire
Your e-Class registration includes
- Online access for 90 days
- A tour of the Cullman Regional Maternity Center.
Infant and Child CPR Classes
This hands-on training prepares you with the skills to respond to breathing, choking and cardiac emergencies in infants or children. It also teaches the skills and knowledge needed to provide care for victims of sudden cardiac arrest through the safe use of an automated external defibrillator (AED).
Friends and Family CPR Classes
Basic Life Saving for Non-Healthcare Professionals (CPR/First Aid)
This is a course for those that want to learn basic steps for lifesaving. The student will learn how to activate EMS, perform chest compressions, breathing and AED (automated external defibrillator) training for all ages along with steps for a choking victim of all ages. The student will receive a book on CPR and a card of completion.